Unlocking the E9X backup camera!

Iftekar

Mar 30, 2018
I wonder if there was an error in the coding somehow? I wonder if this is default behavior in a 6MT?
No error while coding. And I remember before installing the camera, upon disengaging reverse the PDC screen used to switch off during when engine is off.
But when engine is on and I am backing out, the PDC screen would stay on for few more secs and turn off ( even after switching to 1st gear). Good thing is, this is still happening.
So if I am backing out from my garage the reverse cam would be on for sometime and then switched off. But when engine is not running, its stuck. Not big of a problem but it's a problem.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Has anyone had a problem with their backup camera going bad? I've had two cameras go bad on me, I'm using the 12v signal from my aftermarket unit to trigger the camera so it isn't just hard wired to the battery being left on all the time. This is the second camera to go bad on me, unless the issue is a wiring one. I doubt it however.

I don't feel like lugging an old TV out to my garage to test this camera either, and I have it all wired in. :(

DaZuc

Private
Nov 7, 2016
Rockland, NY
Has anyone had a problem with their backup camera going bad? I've had two cameras go bad on me, I'm using the 12v signal from my aftermarket unit to trigger the camera so it isn't just hard wired to the battery being left on all the time. This is the second camera to go bad on me, unless the issue is a wiring one. I doubt it however.

I don't feel like lugging an old TV out to my garage to test this camera either, and I have it all wired in. :(
I haven't had any issues and had the backup camera for about 2 years now.
The way I wired it was the camera gets power from the emulator.

Here is the seller I purchased my emulator and camera from.
https://www.ebay.com/str/Autofocustech?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Thanks for following up, but that is actually the first seller I got the camera from. I wonder if the problem is somewhere else.

Iftekar

Mar 30, 2018
So the tecktronix camera and Chinese emulator worked for an year - which is not bad.
Now I am starting to have some issues and not sure if it's the camera or the emulator- may be you guys can help.
The camera image appears upside down randomly- like 5 out of 5 times the image is upside down. Wiring has not been touched since it was installed and it happens randomly so I am pretty sure nothing changed. Also once in a while the image goes blank.
Has this happened with anyone ? I am starting to doubt its the camera as the emulator has nothing to do with the actual image - I guess ?

slow_henry

Private
Apr 6, 2017
nj
So the tecktronix camera and Chinese emulator worked for an year - which is not bad.
Now I am starting to have some issues and not sure if it's the camera or the emulator- may be you guys can help.
The camera image appears upside down randomly- like 5 out of 5 times the image is upside down. Wiring has not been touched since it was installed and it happens randomly so I am pretty sure nothing changed. Also once in a while the image goes blank.
Has this happened with anyone ? I am starting to doubt its the camera as the emulator has nothing to do with the actual image - I guess ?
Having the same issue almost positive it's the camera havent had time to order a new one probably do it today