Standing Half Mile Records - N54

ilikebigboost

Lurker
Sep 7, 2018
I think if you're going to do this should only accept dragy 1/2 mile slips. Otherwise no way to confirm it's actually a standing half mile. Every event I go to has different rules, lengths, etc. Shift Sector is the closest to accurate.
You can check the rules of each event if its really standing half mile... regardless to that is that dragy is allowing slope to +-1% which is producing some differences... If you want to have the most accurate result you have to go with perfomance box and correct that time with db scanner to 0 slope which is common in europe :)

[email protected]

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
The max -1% slope variance rule I think is more reasonable than applying a correction factor to slope which may or may not be accurate. Next time you run test the dragy and your VBOX corrected times side by side in the same car and we'll see if they are different enough to worry about.

I used to love the performance box but compared to dragy it's really subpar despite costing 3x more. The box itself gives inaccurate traps (doesn't average over last 60'), inaccurate time to speed (puts a 1' roll out on them), half the time can't find satellites, sometimes doesn't save runs on the crappy SD card, etc.

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
The max -1% slope variance rule I think is more reasonable than applying a correction factor to slope which may or may not be accurate. Next time you run test the dragy and your VBOX corrected times side by side in the same car and we'll see if they are different enough to worry about.

I used to love the performance box but compared to dragy it's really subpar despite costing 3x more. The box itself gives inaccurate traps (doesn't average over last 60'), inaccurate time to speed (puts a 1' roll out on them), half the time can't find satellites, sometimes doesn't save runs on the crappy SD card, etc.
Agreed

ilikebigboost

Lurker
Sep 7, 2018

I will test soon with new Setup :=)

Reactions: [email protected]

[email protected]

800HP Club (N54)
Platinum Vendor
Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Shift Sector, standing 1/2 mile, had some issues with the transmission that cost us some speed on the 1/2 shift -had to lift, clutch, get back into second and get back on throttle. Still managed 173.68 mph. Don't mind the upside down Dragy wording and no data; this was supposed to be a shakedown run.

VTT 173.jpg log1 aem.jpg SS Log MHD.JPG SS Log MHD_time_1.JPG SS Log MHD_time_2.JPG

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Thanks for the submissions gentlemen, will update the list in the near future as I just found out the incoming board update kills the table feature. Once that is resolved they will be entered, keep submitting slips in the meantime.