135i Build - Track Toy with a License Plate

gmx

Private
Dec 8, 2017
If you do that, you need to very carefully modify the core to fit as intended or come up with a solution. They may not sell the kit piecemeal/separately.
The 1M duct does not hit all 19 rows unfortunately, about 4-5 don't get airflow. Ideally we need to open it up somehow, but I'm going as is for now.
25 row would be a larger challenge, however I believe the space is available. I have to yet to get the car off stands and look at clearance throughout the suspension travel range (won't/can't effectively measure compression, only droop/static). I'll post more pics once there's more progress.

The Convert

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2017
If you do that, you need to very carefully modify the core to fit as intended or come up with a solution. They may not sell the kit piecemeal/separately.
The 1M duct does not hit all 19 rows unfortunately, about 4-5 don't get airflow. Ideally we need to open it up somehow, but I'm going as is for now.
25 row would be a larger challenge, however I believe the space is available. I have to yet to get the car off stands and look at clearance throughout the suspension travel range (won't/can't effectively measure compression, only droop/static). I'll post more pics once there's more progress.
Banjos wouldn’t be ideal for flow, but you could likely keep same ground clearance your 19 row setup has if banjos were used instead of the 90s.

berns

Corporal
Jan 15, 2018
Currently I have my fitting pointing upwards, their kit has the cores flipped. Waiting to hear back from Mark over there to see what's possible. Not sure how this would be interfering with suspension travel? Curious what about the core needs to be modified. If it's just grinding off the brackets on the core, I'm not too concerned. If this turns out to be a pain in the ass, I'm just going to fab custom brackets and ducting as I originally planned to. Especially since the 1M ducts don't fit perfectly. Thanks for the heads up!

I’d love to see more info on these. Went to both company’s sites and couldn’t find anything...
They're figuring out tooling and production right now to make them less expensive and do a small batch initial run. They are going to be PRICEY. Strom is a full race shop and these were intended for race cars running full slicks. Likely not something us commoners will be buying, but super cool nonetheless.

My new MCS 2way Remotes just showed up, I'll be pairing those with some new Eibach springs, additional SPL bits and M3 rear spring arm conversion. Excited to get back on the road if my car ever gets out of the body shop.

Last edited:
Reactions: gmx

gmx

Private
Dec 8, 2017
Banjos wouldn’t be ideal for flow, but you could likely keep same ground clearance your 19 row setup has if banjos were used instead of the 90s.
Ground clearance isn't really the problem, it's clearance to the tyre/wheel throughout it's range including lock. My 25 row on the other side is fine but it's damn close, can't fit a finger in between. The core edges touches the bumper and "air guide" on the 1M bumper and when they get up to operating temp... that isn't good. Some might let it slide.
Also have to do something about the "opened" up wheel liners I'm left with. Read: There is basically is no liner anymore. Having some custom louvers made out of 1mm Aluminium, ETA in about a week.

• Informative
Reactions: The Convert

tsaulsbu

Lurker
Mar 16, 2017
Any trouble with the G30 lithium battery? I know that folks have reported low battery warnings and trouble cranking with the non-lithium Brailles, but I'm not seeing much feedback on the G30.

EDIT: I should also say, hell of a build. Definitely inspiring me to look for a 1er.

Last edited:

berns

Corporal
Jan 15, 2018
Any trouble with the G30 lithium battery? I know that folks have reported low battery warnings and trouble cranking with the non-lithium Brailles, but I'm not seeing much feedback on the G30.

EDIT: I should also say, hell of a build. Definitely inspiring me to look for a 1er.
Thanks! Zero issues with the G30. Thoroughly impressed with it. It's tiny, insanely light and holds a charge for over two weeks when the car is just sitting. Zero issues with cranking or any kind of warnings.