Pure Turbos Stage 3 (PS3) dyno results for N55

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
Yeah still working on the tune a little. She has maybe a couple tenths to gain on street tires. But then I will need to get stickier rear tires or start shedding a little weight.

She feels pretty much the same to be honest. Traction in third at full boost is not possible, that’s why I up the boost in third with my boost switch once I get into the higher rpm.

mwpa71

Private
Sep 26, 2022
Yeah still working on the tune a little. She has maybe a couple tenths to gain on street tires. But then I will need to get stickier rear tires or start shedding a little weight.

She feels pretty much the same to be honest. Traction in third at full boost is not possible, that’s why I up the boost in third with my boost switch once I get into the higher rpm.
Supper quick mate.
Traction is the problem at this level for sure.. my car is walking away from me, as in tries to push me side to side. I am doing the cheap rear subrame inserts to see if that makes a difference.

Reactions: houtan

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
Supper quick mate.
Traction is the problem at this level for sure.. my car is walking away from me, as in tries to push me side to side. I am doing the cheap rear subrame inserts to see if that makes a difference.
You’re still on the factory rsfb’s?!!

Man I can’t even imagine what that feels like with that much power. Definitely should make a difference. IMO I would just replace the bushings with a two piece solution if you’re going through the trouble to slip the inserts in. The only additional work is removing the bushings.

Rear toe arms with some sort of spherical bearing also made a big difference. I have the bimmerworld toe arms and they have been great.

Reactions: CalvinNismo

mwpa71

Private
Sep 26, 2022
You’re still on the factory rsfb’s?!!

Man I can’t even imagine what that feels like with that much power. Definitely should make a difference. IMO I would just replace the bushings with a two piece solution if you’re going through the trouble to slip the inserts in. The only additional work is removing the bushings.

Rear toe arms with some sort of spherical bearing also made a big difference. I have the bimmerworld toe arms and they have been great.
I am hearing you mate..Poor man pay twice! Lol
Thanks for the tips.
I've ordered them already so I will install and go from there.
I think the lsd and diff brace mask the sway a fair bit, but its way too loose.
What bushes you running?

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
I am hearing you mate..Poor man pay twice! Lol
Thanks for the tips.
I've ordered them already so I will install and go from there.
I think the lsd and diff brace mask the sway a fair bit, but its way too loose.
What bushes you running?
Sounds good.

Poly rsfb, delrin diff bushings, spherical bearings for all rear bushings except the two upper arms on the hub side, poly transmission and engine mounts. Also in addition to the bw rear toe arms I have the revshift rear trailing arms. It feels rock solid which was the goal.

I think you’re right, the diff lockdown must help, and probably more cost effective than what I have done!

mwpa71

Private
Sep 26, 2022
Sounds good.

Poly rsfb, delrin diff bushings, spherical bearings for all rear bushings except the two upper arms on the hub side, poly transmission and engine mounts. Also in addition to the bw rear toe arms I have the revshift rear trailing arms. It feels rock solid which was the goal.

I think you’re right, the diff lockdown must help, and probably more cost effective than what I have done!
That's some great hardware there. I think it's money well spent if nice and solid.. my m4 vert is super stable in comparison..

CalvinNismo

Corporal
Nov 1, 2020
@mwpa71 I’ve installed some solid aluminium subframe bushes and the E81/E82 tension strut on the wife’s E88 (125i) this month, made a world of difference to the back end, it feels absolutely locked by comparison. All other subframe/arm bushes are the standard ones, there is a negligible increase in NVH, but the vagueness in the rear is absolutely gone.
IMG_0730.jpeg

I’d definitely be considering doing the other bushes like houtan with a 35i though. Am I right in thinking you’ve got an E88?

P.S. Sorry for the thread-derailment houtan!

Last edited:

mwpa71

Private
Sep 26, 2022
@mwpa71 I’ve installed some solid aluminium subframe bushes and the E81/E82 tension strut on the wife’s E88 (125i) this month, made a world of difference to the back end, it feels absolutely locked by comparison. All other subframe/arm bushes are the standard ones, there is a negligible increase in NVH, but the vagueness in the rear is absolutely gone.
View attachment 93700
I’d definitely be considering doing the other bushes like houtan with a 35i though. Am I right in thinking you’ve got an E88?

P.S. Sorry for the thread-derailment houtan!
Thanks Cal for info..she is "fully braced up" that's an easy upgrade!
It's good to hear solid bushes aren't to harsh and do the job well.